Khayar Tal, Annapurna south base camp trekking is yet another most loved trekking destination in the Annapurna region. This trekking package is designed in such a way that you are able to explore the sacred mountain lake called Khayar and also reach the ultimate destination. Annapurna South base camp offers superb scenes of mountains located in Annapurna Himalayan range like Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Annapurna I, Mt. Annapurna II, Mt. Annapurna III and Mt. Annapurna south, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhare, Lamjung Himal and Nilgiri etc., just to name a few. Along the trekking trail, you will also have the opportunity to spend in the beautiful and traditionally rich settlements of various ethnic groups and explore their unique culture, lifestyles and their warm hospitality. Without doubts, they will lure you in such a way that you will find yourself completely immersed in the moment. There onwards, you pass through the rocky and snowy peak, finally arriving at the sacred and dazzling lake, which is situated on the lap of Mt. Annapurna. The ultimate destination would be Annapurna base camp. Throughout the trail, you will be totally amazed by the forest numerously inhabited by the endangered birds and animals, rhododendron flowers and exciting flora and fauna, unique landscape, all these features have made Khayar Tal, Annapurna south base camp trekking the most desired trekking trails in Annaprna region, primarily amongst the clients of Getaway ! Himalayan Eco- Treks and Expedition -Nepal.
Khayar Tal, Annapurna South base camp trekking begins with flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and the trekking commences from Phedi and continues through Tolka, Ghandrung, Tadapani, Dobato, Khopra Danda and finally you will reach at Khayar base camp (4620 m), from where you will see a superb Himalayan views up-close and then you continue trekking to Annapurna South Base camp. After making an excursion around, you will come back down along Swata, and Ghorepani, then you will have a short hike to Poon hill, stand and gaze from the view tower and then explore around. The journey is then continued down to Birethanti, Nayapul and then drive back to Pokhara. And finally, after a memorable trip, head back to Kathmandu.
Day 01:Kathmandu – Pokhara
Drive to Pokhara (930 m), 07 hrs. Overnight at the Hotel – BB basis.
Day 02: Pokhara – Tolka .
Drive to Phedi and trek to Tolka (1850 m), 06 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 03: Tolka - Ghandruk .
Trek from Tolka to Ghandruk (2012m), 06 hrs .Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 04: Ghandruk – Tadapani .
Trek from Ghandruk to Tadapani (2610m), 03 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 05: Tadapani – Dobato .
Trek from Tadapani to Dobato (3350m), 06 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 06: Dobato – Chistibung .
Trek from Dobato to Chistibung (3000 m), 06 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 07: Chistibung – Khopra Danda .
Trek from Chistibung to Khopra Danda (4020m), 05 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 08: Khopra Danda – Khayar Base Camp .
Trek from Khopra Danda to Khayar Base Camp (4620m), 06 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 09: Khayar Base Camp .
Visit Khayar Lake (4827 m), 03 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 10: Khayar Base Camp - Khopra Danda .
Trek from Khayar Base Camp to Khopra Danda (4420m), 05 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 11: Khopra Danda – Swata .
Trek from Khopra Danda to Swata (2270 m), 05 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 12: Swata – Ghorepani .
Trek from Swata to Ghorepani (2855 m), 3.5 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.
Day 13: Ghorepani – Birethanti .
Trek from Ghorepani – Birethanti (1080 m) 06 hrs. Overnight in tent – full board.0m), 6 hrs
Day 14: Birethanti – Nayapul – Pokhara (B, L) .Trek from Birethanti to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara. Transfer to the hotel.
Day 15: Pokhara – Kathmandu (B)
Drive to Kathmandu, 07 hrs. Transfer to the hotel.
Day 16: Kathmandu Departure
- Welcome with flower on arrival terminal of international airport, Kathmandu.
- Transfer from airport to the hotel by AC/Non AC car/van/coach as per group size.
- Luggage van extra depending on the group size.
- A cell phone is provided on arrival to communicate between the group & agency.
- Welcome drinks (tea/coffee/juice as per guest request).
- 02 nights accomodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis including bed and breakfast.
- Ground transfers according to the tour itinerary to/from Trekking starting point.
- 3 course of meals (tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch & dinner) during trekking. (Veg. & Non Veg.)
- Fresh fruits as per availability in the route of Trekking.
- Twin sharing camping accommodation in the trekking route. (If a group size is 10+ one additional Sherpa is provided to arrange everything along the way)
- Crews including local Guide, Cook, Kitchen boy, helper including equipments including two men tent, kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, shower tent, shower bag, table and chair, sleeping bag, mattresses and pillows etc.
- Fooding, lodging, trek allowances, gears, transfers, insurance & other expenses of travel crews.
- First aid kit box for entire trekking.
- 24 hours emergency rescue services by helicopter (but you must be insured well)
- Trek memorial souvenir at the end of the trekking.
- Farewell dinner (Typical Nepali Food with cultural show) including to/from transfers.
- Dep. txf from the hotel to KTM international airport by AC/Non AC car/van/coach as per group size.
- All Govt. taxes including 13% VAT. (Subject to change)
Cost does not include:
- Nepal entry & re-entry visa fees. US$ 25 / 40 for a month stay.
- Extra flight & Airport Taxes (Domestic & International).
- Entry fees for the sightseeing places in Kathmandu.
- Personal equipments and clothing.
- Expenses of personal nature like; shopping, alcoholic drinks etc.
- Travel insurance, rescue expenses and medical expenses.
- Donations, Tips & Gratuities.
- Extra porters if asked by the group.
- Other expenses beyond our control i.e. landslides, natural calamities, road blockade, political disturbance, flight cancellation etc
- Extra services not mentioned in trek itinerary.