Amphu Lapcha La pass is one of the most exciting treks in the Everest region, passes through upper Hunku valley. Amphu Lapcha is to be passed technically through Chukkung Valley which requires the use of climbing equipments and trekkers must be comfortable to use them and be fully prepared. A magnificent view of the Himalayas and wonderful scenery of lakes such as Hunku and Panch Pokhari will come along as a true visual treat to the eyes. Then the trail follows the crossing of Mingbo La or Amphu Lapcha down to Everest which is a usual route to Chukung or Pangboche, via Tyangboche Monastery. From here we proceed to Namche and down to Lukla to fly back to Kathmandu on the following day.
Another adventurous trekking is Makalu High Pass. It is also known as "3 Cols". Passing through the remote and wild region of the Himalayas with an excellent view of Makalu, Everest, Lhotse, Chamlang and Kanchenjunga, which is normally started from Tumlingtar in the steamy lowlands near the Arun River over the Shipto La and into the remote yet beautiful Barun river valley arriving to Makalu Base Camp, then cross Sherpani Pass over to Baruntse Base Camp to west Col to Panch Pokhari followed by the Amphu Laptsa into the Everest Base Camp and finally, concluding at Lukla. This truly is a tough journey having logistical challenges in organizing an expedition in such a remote area of the Himalaya. That is why, everything has to be well planned in advance so as to have adequate time for acclimatization and to have a strong and experienced Sherpa team in order to maximize your chances of completing the Pass through and into the Everest. Previous mountaineering skill is required to safely complete this journey as there will be fixed rope on the passes and roped group travel on glaciers. Geographically, an alpine mountains & valley, Alpine villas, Glaciers & snowy, icy, cold and windy 3 Cols have three major challenging high passes namely Sherpani col at ( 5200 meters), West Col to get to Upper Baruntse Base Camp (5,700m) & Amphu Laptsa Pass. Normally a four week long high altitude trekking is the only alpine trekking trail of its kind in the world with temperatures as low as 30 degrees below zero for more than 12 days over 5000 meters & almost 3 days on the glacier over 6000 meters. This will give you an inspiration and more respect for those guys who go out and climb challenging peaks.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and welcome dinner.
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu valley Guided Tour
Day 03: By Plane: Kathmandu - Tumlingtar (410m). Trek to Kartige Ghat (3600m, 3/4hrs).
Day 04: Kartigeghat (360 m) – Ghote Bazar (1000m, 5/6 hrs).
Day 05: Ghote Bazar – Phedi (1,606m, 5hrs).
Day 06: Phedi – Gurase (3000m, 6hrs).
Day 07: Gurase – Guidel (2030 m, 6/7hrs).
Day 08: Guidel – Bung – Boskom Gompa (2600 m, 6/7hrs).
Day 09: Boskom Gompa – Chalem Karka (3580m, 5hrs)
Day 10: Chalem Karka – Panch Pokhri (4300 m, 6hrs).
Day 11: Panch Pokhris – Khote (3614m, 7hrs)
Day 12: Khote – Tagnag (4360m, 5/6hrs).
Day 13: Acclimatization
Day 14: Tagnag – Khare (4950m, 5hrs).
Day 15: Khare – Mera Peak Basecamp (5300m, 5/6hrs).
Day 16: Rest day.
Day 17: Mera Peak Basecamp – Mera-High Camp (5800m, 5/6hrs).
Day 18: Mera-Highcamp – Mera Peak 6.461 m – Base camp.
Day 19: Basecamp – Rato Odar (4hrs)
Day 20: Rato Odar – Seto Pokhari ( 3 h)
Day 21: Seto Pokhari – Panch Pokhari – Amphu Lapsa Base Camp (5hrs).
Day 22: Amphu Lapsa Base Camp – Amphu Laptsa – Camp 5200m.
Day 23: Camp 5200 m – Island Peak Base camp.
Day 24: Island Peak 6189 m (Imja Tse).
Day 25: Base camp – Chhukung – Tengboche. Past Dingboche (4412m).
Day 26: Tengboche – Namche Bazar
Day 27: Namche Bazar – Lukla
Day 28: By Plane: Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
Day 29: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping and other activities
Day 30: Departure
- Arrival & Departure Transfer by Deluxe Car/Bus depending on the group size.
- Luggage van extra depending on the group size & Equipments.
- Custom Clearance Support for any high altitude Equipments required for this trekking.
- A Cell Sim is provided on arrival in KTM Airport with the balance of Rs.100.( returnable)
- Welcome drinks (tea/coffee/juice on arrival in Kathmandu Hotel).
- 03 night’s Hotel (Hotel Shankar ) with breakfast in 4 star decent hotel on twin sharing basis.
- One full day KTM Guided City tour including Pashupatinath, Bouddhanath and Bhaktapur City).
- Kathmandu to Tumlingatar & Lukla – Kathmandu airfares with airport tax and Transfers.
- Applicable Cargo Fees to supply necessary Trekking foods, Cooking Gas & gears of the trekking.
- Return transport by deluxe coach to/from trekking starting point.
- 3 Course of meals while in trekking including high altitude dry food required during High Passes (tea/coffee, breakfast, lunch & dinner prepared by our expert)
- Twin sharing Camping (tented) accommodation in the trekking route.
- Sherpa’s including Guide, Cook, Kitchen boy; Porter depends on trek type and group size.
- Trekking equipments including Two Men Tent, Kitchen Tent, Dining Tent, Toilet Tent, Shower Tent & bag, Down Jacket / Sleeping bag, Special Mattresses & Pillows.
- Ground Transport, Food, lodging, trek allowances, gears, transfers, insurance of entire trekking crews but Guide will fly with Group members only.
- Trekking Permit, Two National Park & Conservation fees (Sagarmatha National Park & Makalu Barun National Park).
- First aid kit box & other supplement equipments as per agreement at the time of booking.
- Emergency rescue Support by Chopper from any parts of the Trek. ( Evidence of Search and rescue Insurance is Mandatory)
- Trek memorial souvenir at the end of the trip.
- Farewell dinner (cultural show in ancient Nepali restaurant).
- All government taxes including 13% VAT. (Subject to change)
Cost does not include:
- Nepal entry & re-entry visa fees US$ 25 for 15 days and US$ 40 for 30 days.
- Entry Fees in Kathmandu (approx US$ 50-70) depending on the UNESCO Sites coverage.
- Extra flight & Airport Taxes (Domestic & International).
- Extra Permit fees such as climbing Island Peak or any other Peaks from US$ 350 on sharing basis.
- Delays of the flight occurring extra charges of Hotels & any food to drinks in Kathmandu or Lukla.
- Personal equipments and clothing other the mentioned above.
- Expenses due to failed of the trek, sickness due to any reason, political issues etc beyond our control.
- Expenses of personal nature like; shopping, alcoholic drinks etc.
- Travel insurance, rescue expenses and medical expenses.
- Donations, Tips & Gratuities.
- Extra porters if asked by the group while in trekking other then fixed with the agency at the time of starting of the trek from Kathmandu.
- Other expenses beyond our control i.e. landslides, natural calamities, road blockade, etc.
- Extra services not mentioned in trek itinerary.