The "raging river", drains the northern slope of the Annapurna Mountains. It was only opened to rafting in 1996 and yields some of the most exciting class iv-v white water in Nepal. This river demands 100% Commitment from both crew and guide. It is totally different from the big volume rivers like the Sun Koshi and Karnali, the rapids are technical and require a very different approach. Big Volume Rivers need power and a good line, the Marsyangdi needs fast reactions from the crew to get through this pin ball machine river. The Marsyangdi quickly forges raft crews of complete strangers into true teams.
Located on the eastern side of the Annapurna circuit, the Marsyangdi River has long been famous for the beautiful views. With each twist and turn the steep sided gorge walls frame a new mountain backdrop.
Day 01:KATHMANDU - KHUDI - BHULBHULE BY CAR
After breakfast, we leave by private car to Besisahar. The last four hours of this ride takes us off the "good" tarmac roads and tends to be a little bouncy in places ( I hope this is a subtle enough hint). We have scheduled a rest day into the program to allow for any unlikely but potential delays. We stay over night in teahouse lodge.
Day 02: BHULBHULE - NGADI - KHUDI
We start short treak to Ngadi .Soon after lunch, the action begins as the trip actually starts here. Marsyangdi is full of thrills and spills and any keen rafter will vouch for it. Your expedition leader and guides will brief you and train you on land about safety and paddling. Pay attention as you are straight into the rapids and this river has a way of underlining any Mistakes! Overnight at Khudi.
Day 03: KHUDI - BESHISAHAR
After breakfast, get ready with all the gears to adventure raft from Khudi upto sandybeach below Beshisahar. This is the most knuckle gripping section of the river so enjoy it as you will encounter continuous Class 4 rapids. We finish today at Besisahar and have a well earned dinner no doubt a rum punch to help it down.
Day 04: REST DAY WITH SIGHT EXPLORATION INCLUDING NEAR BY VILLLAGES
This is the day to relax, go walking and learn to roll in a kayak and have a day in this beautiful area, away from the crowds of trekkers. The only reason this day is lost is if there are any problems on day one as explained.
Day 05: BIMALNAGAR -KATHMANDU /POKAHARA
The River becomes very mellow and goes through a high walled gorge with birds and vegetation that can only be described as breath taking. We reach our take out point at Bimal Nagar by lunch time where our transport is waiting to take us back to Kathmandu/Pokhara.
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
- Company T-Shirt
Cost does not include:
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Member insurance
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Tips to Staffs
- Sleeping bag (NRS.50 per night)
- swim wear for on the river
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Book This Trip|